Use this interactive guide to see the milestones in a child’s development from birth to five years old, including videos and advice to help parents along the way.
This is one of seven interactive timelines from NHS Choices, the UK’s reliable and comprehensive online health information service that attracts 100 million visits per year. This timeline was published in 2011 and is divided into 37 stages plus eight embedded videos and a printable text-only version.
Compared to some resources I’ve reviewed, this is a very small component, but it’s a joy to use with attractive photos and concise text. It’s ideal for quick reference or for use as a revision aid.
The timeline is published under a licence for both personal and non-commercial use.
- TED talks on Autism and other child & family topics
- The Online Waldorf Library
- Free e-textbook: The Well-Being of Children
- Disability, Diversity and Inclusive Education – a new free online course
- Free e-book: Transforming the workforce for young children
- UK Children’s Commissioners
- Free e-textbook: Family Life in Adolescence
- 3 new free textbooks from BCcampus
- Minnesota parents know
- Free sessions by e-Learning for Healthcare
- First Steps: e-learning for adoption
- The Natural Learning Initiative
- Tufts Child & Family WebGuide
- Childhood in the Digital Age – a new free online course